Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #47
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
Wlads biggest weaknesses are Durability, Stamina, and Panic Attacks. Unfortunetley for Wladimir..Marcianos biggest strengths(Punching Power, Relentless pressure, and high volume of punches) are kryptonite to wlads biggest weaknesses. Marciano has the power to knock wlad out, the relentless pressure to force wlad to tire, and has the high volume of non stop punching and will to force wladimir into a panic attack like brewster and purrity did. Only few fighters in history have the tools to make wlad pay for these weaknesses and Marciano is one of them. Lately Wladimir Klitschko has not been taking on aggresive punchers. In fact the last one he did take on Crude Sam peter floored him 3 times.

I like Rocky in this one by mid round-late stoppage. Rocky is a horrible matchup for Wladimir. The fight will start with Wlad coming in, but being extremley bewildered as marcianos comes in low at the crouch bending down and weaving at all angles frustrating the hell out of wlad who finds it much easier to land his jab on the men standing up. Marciano slowly makes his way inside as the fight progresses, a couple big shots on the chin followed by a suzy Q and wlad is down. Wlad gets up and marciano continues to pour on the pressure...now wlad is in panic mode he suddenly goes down again. Now he is huffing and buffing looking for air. He is lost. What is going on? he gets up one more time stumbles and the referee stops the fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
In regards to brewster,

I am a huge wlad fan but even I admit brewster was WAY past it for the rematch. coming off a detached retina. the only live version of brewster wlad fought, brewster knocked wlad out. Brewster is nowhere near marcianos class, yet brewsters non stop will aggresion and punching power forced wlad into panic mode, WITH emanuel steward in his corner. Marciano is a step above brewster in these categories.

Lamon Brewster actually said in a interview "I have never seen a fighter with as weak a jaw as wladimir klitschko. emanuel steward as done a great job covering up his chin. But it is so weak." Lamon further commented on how he barely landed on wlads chin at one point and he saw wlads legs shake all the way down and wlad got glassy eyed.

I don't know if I agree with this, but it is interesting nonetheless.
Volo's panic attacks are legendary. It's a shame. He could've been somebody. He could've been a contender.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top