View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665
Default Re: how effective would the lighter heavyweights be today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo View Post
If Vitali Klitschko were 6'2", 215 lbs, theres no way he'd be around still kicking ass at age 41.
You're right. No one in their forties kicks ass unless they're massive. This is a very good point. Also, he'd fight exactly the same way if he were five inches shorter and forty pounds lighter. Of course, you can't prove or disprove what you're saying. It's a guess, even if it's spoken as a statement of fact. We have no more idea of what Vitali would do at 6'2, 215 than if we made Baby Jake the same size as Bob Foster. It's all meaningless jibber-jabber when you float stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I agree to an extent but using marciano as an example, if he is giving away 70+ pounds in weight he will definitely lose to wlad. If he could train up to say 220 and be a power punching tank, I'm suddenly not so sure :
These discussions rarely go anywhere, do they? I'm out. It's going to be the same thing every time. PP's going to come in with his modern training and nutrition, it's going to descend into a weird Klitschko argument and then we'll get some trolls and then Seamus is going to post something about Meehan and I'm going to crack some jokes about how big Liston wasn't. I've got to go for a BM.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top