View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #75
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947
Default Re: Old school training routines seem to be the simplest and most effective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
I have to ask just curious, are you or Brown Bomber, amateur or pro boxers, S&C coaches, your answer will tell it all.

I am a licensed manager, and I am trying to learn something about training. Not that I am trying to be a trainer, just for my own knowledge.

One of my fighters recently fought for the world title so I have a little experience in boxing. My guy lost a clear decison to a P4P champion. I primarily deal with Mexican fighters, all have a promotional from one of the biggest promotional companies in the world of boxing. So, I do my job as a manager. Now, since I have 3 undefeated teenage fighters I am trying to educate myself as to what is what in training.

On my way to expand my mind I was ambushed by crazed S&C guys calling me an idiot, a cunt, and ignorant, jeez you would think they were trying to hurt my feelings.
Some of the bad information that gets thrown out from some of the best clubs is ridiculous. The 'best' club in my city has told plenty of their boxers to starve themselves to make weight; telling young teenagers to starve themselves in absolutely moronic advice and is dangerous advice. No doubt derived from some of the ridiculous 'old school' crap. IMO trainers have a duty to at least have a basic understanding of physiology when training kids.
Jdsm is offline  Top