View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #141
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko now holds the record for the longest reign in heavyweight boxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89 View Post
I recognize that Wlad presents difficult obstacles -men that size usually do if they have command of the fundamentals. I have sparred myself with giants and it isn't easy; but they are in fact slower than smaller men, and they are not technicians (with a few exceptions). They rely on a few simple principles that are tough to overcome -and a lot tougher if you fight them at the wrong range and in the wrong way like so many of his opponents tend to do.
Giants are generally slower than smaller men, but not always, and certainly not in Wlad's case. In fact I'd go so far as to say that Wlad is one of the fastest heavies out there at the moment; only Chambers and Haye are faster, and it's really not by much as their one sided losses showed us. And he has some of the best footwork in the game, really an excellent command of distance. Fighters don't choose to fight him at the wrong range, he makes them fight at that range. Watch the Haye fight again and pay attention to how consistently he keeps Haye at the end of his jab, and how effectively he cuts down the ring. Those are premier skills regardless of size.
Absolutely! is offline  Top