Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.
Riddick Bowe vs Tony Tubbs , Andrezj Golota #1 , Andrezj Golota #2 .
Bowe did not seem like a world beater in any of them , but :
1) he did deserve de decision over Tubbs although it was close .
2) de 1st Golota fight was very competitive , de 2nd 1 less , but still not what de legends about them tell .
Golota #2 consisted of :
3 pt deductions , Bowe down 2 times , Golota down 1ce .
Bowe possibly broke Golota's jaw in it .
Golota suffered cuts both on his chin and above his i .
How a fighter gets cut quite badly and gets his s floored in a fight that he wins so lopsidedly ?
Regarding Golota vs Bowe #1 :
1) Golota was jobbed by having de fight rescheduled from de agreed 10 rds 2 12 rds instead .
2) Golota was jobbed by having Bowe using a different set of gloves than his (Golota's were conventional) .
3) Bowe did not fight a perfect clean fight himself , he did rabbit punch .
These fights make me think that Lewis > Bowe indeed . As 4 who would have won between them i still do not know .
McCall would have KOd Bowe just like I thought b4 .
Bowe seemed 2b able 2 take punishment without going down , and when he did (3 times in his career , i believe) he got back up and fought .
I really doubt that he could have beaten Vitali .
Golota was tougher than Wladimir .
Last edited by frankenfrank; 11-16-2012 at 07:32 AM.