Old 11-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #57
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler "Ward Has No Guts "

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendy View Post
Imo he beat kessler but the way of the victory was a bit contentious in the eyes of many. It certainly wasn't a good clean fight.

If it was true, kessler said he wasn't fit going into the fight then there is and should be some call for the re-match. I also believe kessler was promised a crack at the s6 winner due to the nature of his pulling out?

Don't get me wrong, i am not exactly excited at the prospect of ward kessler 2 but I just can't see anything else for him to do other than fight the big money fights and lets face it he would get paid big for re-matching kessler in Denmark. In the same vain he would get highly rewarded for a fight against the cobra in England. Both very winnable fights for him and the rewards are still there more so than any other fights available to him
Ok, I agree Ward doesn't have a ton of options, re-matches with Kessler and Froch respectively are the most lucrative. I will also concede that if Kessler was promised a shot at the S6 winner, it should be honored.

As far as not being 100%, all fighters seem to have something not right with them when the lose. I'm not saying Kessler didn't have something wrong with him or whatever, but it just seems like most fighters always say those sort of things.

Ward should move up to 175. A Dawson re-match is a no brainer. There is Cloud , Pascal, Cleverly etc... Not exactly huge money fights like going to Europe would offer, but it would be a chance to test himself against some decent opposition.
Bulletproof is offline  Top