View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #52
Boilermaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 685
Default Re: how effective would the lighter heavyweights be today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Against the Klits all of them would be dominated. The like Corbett and Fitz wouldn't even be top light heavies or crusers today, boxing moved on too much

Charles and Walcott fought in a golden era of skill so could outhustle less skilled big men, but against the Klits? No chance.

Dempsey no chance against the Klits, wins some and loses some against the HW top 30
There is a picuture of fitz walking around at 200lbs plus and while he is in a suit so it makes it difficult to tell, he certainly looks like he would be nowhere near as overweight as say a 200lb James Toney. He could carry he weight without any problem. Only difficulty is that it would sacrifice his speed and probably his power in the later rounds, which would be important.

Watching Wlad against Wach, and i thought it was a pretty good performance, it is hard believe that anyone could give any big hitter a decent punchers chance against him. Dempsey, louis, Foreman (who is proof of what an overweight , old and out of shape big hitter can do), at the higher weight i think might start underdogs, but even if it was walk around out of shape weight, i would still give them a decent punchers chance.

Wlads chin is definitely the most worrying i have ever seen for such a great fighter.
Boilermaker is offline  Top