Old 11-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #51
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: 2012:Wlad's lost year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPaulValley View Post
You guys are just making excuses for this guy. Ok let's say he has one bad fight out of 3 but 3 bad fights out of 3? Mormeck? Inexcusable.
As I said,Sherman "the Tank" Williams would have put on a better fight than Mormeck and Tony Thompson. Williams also has a solid chin and beat the highly touted Chauncy Welliver and he rocked granite chinned Helenius.

Either way,this year was a huge waste of time for Wlad and he won't be champion for long.
He's gonna have to face Pulev,Fury,Price,Arreola,Mitchell etc.
One or maybe 2 of those guys are gonna beat him.

I agree with this. The reasons Wlad faced who he did aren't important because at the end of the day he practically wasted his 2012. It was one of his last peak years and he is moving up a lot of all-time rankings and he does little to add to it.

He will benefit from a statistical standpoint. He added to his amount of title defenses, years as champ, winning %, etc. But the three guys he beat this year will add nothing, unless Wach goes onto big things but I don't think he will.

I don't think for one moment Wlad is avoiding guys and he has a very proven record of facing the best. I'm sure he had trouble landing some of the fights he wanted but when he's done and his careeer is being judged none of that matters. What counts is who you fought and Wlad faced no one of any importance this year, regardless of where the blame lies.
BOGART is offline  Top