View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #104
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Does anybody genuinely think Ricky Hatton can beat Pacquiao or Mayweather now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel-INS View Post
They must be. Yes Pac isn't what he was, but Hatton hasn't fought in three and a half years and since then has been on a ridiculous drink, drugs and food binge.

Hatton won't beat any top contenders, never mind Pacquiao or Floyd.
I have to agree.

I like Ricky Hatton as much as anyone; absolutely loved watching him fight and think he is a legend, but its amazing how quickly people will let their hearts rule their heads.

If I had posted on here just six months a go saying that I thought Ricky could come out of retirement and have a chance at the top level again I would have been almost universally laughed off of the stage.

For me to suggest that he had a chance against Mayweather or Pac would have been simply ludicrous.

Yet here we are a week or so from his 'comeback' fight and already people are suggesting he could win rematches against two of the best fighters of this generation!

He hasn't even fought yet!

All we have is some training footage and a few photos.

I would dearly love him to win and look good doing it, but I'm a realist and know that he has a tough road ahead of him.

Any talk of avenging defeats, and shattering defeats at that, is extremely premature IMO.
Michael300 is offline  Top