Old 11-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #66
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUDINI View Post
How is the 6 7 Wlad going to establish any offense vs the ultra low crouch that Rocky employed? Marciano had a tricky defense...looked like he could be hit easily but he was always bobbing and rolling with shots....not an easy target at all in reality. Rocky had no history of going down in sections as does Wlad after being clocked. When Rocky hits him on the chin, and he will, something is going to give and its not Rockys fist. This whole idea that Rocky would be slow vs Wlad is just stupid. Rocky is going to look real quick in the ring vs the walking statue.
I don't know why I'm even bothering to respond to this bunk but what the hey...

Marciano did not employ any "ultra low crouch" most of the time. Watch some actual Marciano fights for a change. Most of the time, he's in his usual stance, and it's far from an ultra low crouch. Moreover, it is very hard to box out of a low crouch. You can't move around the ring very quickly in that kind of stance. This is boxing, not wrestling.

How is Wlad going to establish any offense? Oh I don't know. How did a decrepit old Louis manage to land jabs on Marciano? And those jabs were moving in slow motion and had nowhere near the impact that Wlad's jab would.

Marciano doesn't have the footspeed to get past the jab easily. Wlad's footwork is too good and will keep the runt at the end of the monster jab. Even if Marciano is able to get inside occasionally, he won't be able to do anything meaningful. Wlad can shove him across the ring Foreman style, or just turn and step out of it.

When Wlad drops the right hand or the left hook on him, he might put Marciano's lights out with one punch. There is no evidence whatsoever that Marciano can take Wlad's power. It is highly unlikely.
rusak is offline  Top