View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 05:15 AM   #32
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551
Default Re: Ive been told most pro boxers dont snap there punches, WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
You can follow through but is extremely difficult. To snap a punch you have to anchor ur footing. Is hard to generate that snap while stepping into your opponent. Most boxers uses it on the defense as their opponents walk into to them.

Also for example and anyone can test this.

If you have a heavybag at home. You can snap a punch and the bag will barely move. Why? should be obvious.

Now put your weight into your punch and drive it through will send the heavy bag much further for obvious reasons.

Whenever i spar/box someone i like to snap my punches at them to make my opponents weary. They see the speed and is eye catching but when they get hit, it stings them and cause them to hesitate but in reality i've caused little damage.

Snapping shots are also harder to counter. Depending on what type of style you want to be will greatly impact how often you throw them.
Power itself is pretty useless, a freight train going 6 mph against your head will never knock you out...No matter how much power those engines deliver.

Somebody gets knocked out when their brain collides too hard with their skull, your brain starts sending out signals that it's enough and it's lights out.
This happens when your brains suddenly gets accelerated too much ( too strong g-forces).

Speed is essential for headshot knockouts.
George foreman didn't have much speed, and that is also the reason that most of his KOs are TKOs (Except the biggest bums which he did KO or Lyle in a slugfest), his (better) opponents "could just stand up again", yes they were dazed, yes they were hurt but he couldn't put somebody out the way Julian Jackson or Thomas Hearns could do.

Speed is less essential for bodyshots because your body can't bounce like your head does (not sure how to word this, English isn't native for me)
dyna is offline  Top