Old 11-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #49
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Donald Curry underated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
At his best he was very good at catching and parrying shots.

Broner is a shambles technically IMO.
He tries too hard to be Floyd instead of working to his strengths and he's too stiff. By copying Floyd he ends up copying the obvious things while ignoring the less obvious things that win fights and ofcourse the difficult skills that seperate the top fighters. He also copies some of Floyd's errors like his wide slappy left hook. I reckon he does a bit of bodybuilding training too, which adds muscles for show but not explosiveness/strength

Quote:
Lightweight, like junior middle, has no no.1 at the mo' really. DeMarco looks one of the better ones but a come from behind win over Linares, a blowout of the not very good Molina, Kid Diamond and getting outclassed and battered by Valero doesn't show us much IMO. If he's the no.1 135lber he's one of the very worst to ever earn that distinction.

Still, solid chin, big guy, decent pop, good test for Broner.
Yea pretty weak no1, Demarco is there to build Broner's name not as a true acid test

Quote:
Different fighter of course but Bruce does seem a little underrated. Usually fun and with some solid wins and efforts scattered about his ring record.
The Benitez fights were impressive in themselves, although I'm sure others have seen far more of him to give a fair assessment

Never thought I'd agree with Flea so many times on 1 thread, aye Flea?
PowerPuncher is offline  Top