View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 12:05 AM   #738
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918
Default Re: HBO WCB: Adrien Broner vs. Antonio DeMarco & Seth Mitchell vs. Johnathan Banks RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
He doesn't abandon it against southpaws. Demarco was willing to stand in front of Broner in the pocket...which helps the shoulder roll a lot because when you are close to a southpaw, they are no longer a southpaw. Floyd was backing Corley,Judah, and Mitchell up with a combination of high guard and lead left lowered...and when Ortiz was coming forward, Mayweather was in the typical shoulder roll stance.
Ever since Corley he usually with use the high guard in walking down a lefty. Hell after Judah caught him and put him down he left the shoulder roll too. He used the shoulder outside with Ortiz, but on the inside he had his high guard, which is why Ortiz hit him right on the chin when he did his flying headbutt.

It is just my opniion, but I think he is better on the inside with lefties with his shoulder roll than Floyd was. I think he is a more dedicated body puncher too, two different styles from the same base though.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top