11-18-2012, 10:17 AM
East Side Guru
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****
NOVEMBER FIGHT LIST
* Result Commentary by Robney
11/2 - Roberto Santos vs. Marcos Nader - 12x3 EBU-EU Middleweight Title DRAW - 114-114/114-115/114-114
11/3 - Toshiyuki Igarashi vs. Nestor Daniel Narvaes - 12x3 WBC Flyweight Title Igarashi MD - 113-113/114-112/114-112
11/3 - Shinsuke Yamanaka vs. Tomas Rojas - 12x3 WBC Bantamweight Title Yamanaka KO7
11/3 - Marco Huck vs. Firat Arslan - 12x3 WBO Cruiserweight Title (Germany ARD/Hungary DigiSport) Huck UD - 115-113/115-113/117-111 From the rounds (most of them) I've seen this was a disgraceful robbery, the atending public agrees with my observation!
11/3 - Sebastien Gauthier vs. Rodrigo Guerrero - 10x3 Guerrero TKO8
11/3 - Lucian Bute vs. Denis Grachev -12x3 NABF Light Heavyweight Title Bute UD - 118-110/115-113/116-112 - I'm not mad Lucian, just dissapointed!
11/3 - Roberto Vasquez vs. John Mark Apolinario - 12x3 Interim WBA World Bantamweight Title (TyC Sports/Panama RPC Channel 4/Uruguay VTV/Philippines TV5) Majority DRAW - 115-113/114-114/114-114
11/9 - Daud Cino Yordan vs. Choi Tseveenpurev - 12x3 IBO Featherweight Title Yordan UD - 117-111/119-110/118-110 - apparently in a close contested bout.
11/9 - Chris John vs. Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo - 12x3 WBA Super World Featherweight Title John UD - 117-111/119-109/119-109 - Piriyapinyo had his moments, but most of the fight was controlled by John.
11/10 - Thomas Oosthuizen vs. Fulgencio Zuniga - 12x3 IBO Super Middleweight Title
- Oosthuizen UD - 120-108/119-109/119-109
11/10 - Wladimir Klitschko vs. Mariusz Wach - 12x3 WBA Super World, IBF, WBO, and IBO Heavyweight Titles (Germany RTL)
- Klitschko UD - 120-107/120-107/119-109 - Wach took 12 rounds of punishment. His chin is clearly as solid as it is big, because he took some huge shots all night long. It was amazing that he made it out of the 8th, because that was one onesided onslaught. After that Wlad took his foot of the gas for most of the following rounds. Wach had one big moment at the end of the 5th, hurting Wlad with a big shot but Wlad recovered pretty fast. WACH HAS CHEEN!
11/10 - Stanyslav Kashtanov vs. Server Yemurlayev - 12x3 Interim WBA World Super Middleweight Title
- Kashtanov UD
11/10 - Miguel Angel Garcia vs. Jonathan Victor Barros - 10x3 (HBO)
- Garcia TKO8 - Drops Barros with a huge left hook, he beat the count but was unable (or actually not wanting) to continue.
11/10 - Vanes Martirosyan vs. Erislandy Lara - 12x3 WBC Light Middleweight Title Eliminator (HBO)
- Technical Draw9 - 86-85/84-87/86-86 - after a accidental headbutt, causing a big cut above Vanes' left eye.
11/10 - Leo Santa Cruz vs. Victor Zaleta - 12x3 IBF Bantamweight Title (Showtime)
- Santa Cruz KO9 - Zaleta down by a huge left bodyshot at the end of the 4th, after 3 previous action packed rounds. Santa kept presuring Zaleta in the 5th and the 6th but he kept being game. Down again in the 7th from another left hook to the body, and taking a couple of huge punches in the 8th but kept fighting back. Big right in the 9th finished Zaleta off.
11/10 - Abner Mares vs. Anselmo Moreno - 12x3 WBC Super Bantamweight Title (Showtime)
- Mares UD - 116-110/116-110/120-106 - A scrappy and very even fight, with a lot of blow-blows by Mares of course. Moreno ruled down in the 5th, wich just looked like he was just off balance. Insane point deduction in the 11th against Moreno. I had it 6 rounds each, with Mares winning because of the KD and deduction.
11/17 - Tony Bellew vs. Roberto Feliciano Bolonti - 12x3 WBC Silver Light Heavyweight Title (SKY)
- Bellew UD - 120-106/119-107/120-106 - Bolonti down in the first, and again in the 3rd, but Bellew suffered a nasty cut on his right brow in that round.But Bolonti showed that he really is nothing more as a bumbasher couldn't do much offensively - or even open the cut more - in the remaning rounds...
11/17 - Carl Froch vs. Yusaf Mack - 12x3 IBF Super Middleweight Title (SKY)
- Froch KO3 - Like expected an easy bout for Froch. Mack down in the 1st, and wobbled later on in the round. In trouble again at the end of the 2nd. Froch KO'd Mack with a bodyshot in the 3rd...
11/17 - Roman Gonzalez vs. Juan Francisco Estrada - 12x3 WBA World Light Flyweight Title (Azteca)
- Gonzalez UD - 118-110/116-112/116-112 - I expected a blowout, but reports say it was a war and closer as the cards say.
11/17 - Brian Viloria vs. Hernan Marquez - 12x3 WBA Super World & WBO Flyweight Titles (Azteca)
- Viloria TKO10 - Marquez down in the 1st, again in the 5th in wich he was in control for the most part and a ROTY candidate according to the reports. Marquez down again in the 10th and the ref stepped in.
11/17 - Seth Mitchell vs. Johnathon Banks - 12x3 WBC Heavyweight Semi-Final Eliminator (HBO)
- Banks TKO2! - Banks pulled the upset, and did Manny Steward proud. Knocked down Seth 3 times and forced the ref to stop it.
11/17 - Adrien Broner vs. Antonio DeMarco - 12x3 WBC Lightweight Title
- Broner TKO8 - After a very tentative start it was all Broner from the 4th round on. Fight ended with a big uppercut dropping DeMarco and his corner trowing the towell... it's true I guess, Broner a G