Old 11-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #63
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymcfall View Post
Froch has been fighting the best fighters in the world - the absolute elite of his division - every single fight for the last few years. If anybody deserves an easy fight it's Froch.

I'm a fan of Ricky Burns, and the win against Mitchell was great but beating Kevin Mitchell (who hasn't proved he deserves to be anywhere near the top 5 ranked fighters in the division if we're all being honest) doesn't then mean you can justify trying to put him up against somebody of the calibre of Liam Walsh in his very next fight. It's not having a go at Ricky or you Billy, I don't have any doubt that you two want to take on the very best all the time, it's more his promoter that people have the problem with.

There is no reason somebody as good as Burns should not be consistently fighting the best fighters in the world.
Agree 100% with this, I believe Ricky has the ability to be successful at elite level, however if he continues to fight good fighters who are European/fringe world class, instead of elite level genuine world class opponents, people will continue to question his ability. Mitchell was a valid opponent at the time IMO but having proved he is a level above him Burns must go on to face better opponents or he will continue to leave himself open to criticism from some.
pikecubic is offline  Top