Old 11-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #32
weegriffin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3275
Default Re: Broner's P4P rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collie View Post
I think I agree with many of the sentiments on here that place him top 15 but not top 10. I do think he is close already. I reckon he would be the betting favourite against all opponents at 130-135 and against many at 140.

I know the Mayweather comparisions will always be there with Broner and I admit I was too young to remember a Mayweather of the 1990's, but he broke into the P4P list in 1998 and 1999 after around 20 fights I think. Was Mayweather just better, were his opponents better? Was there less competition for P4P at the time?

I think it's difficult to take many out of the P4P list at the moment (Ring), Vitali maybe or Bradley at a push, but the likes of Mayweather (barring inactivity) Pacquaio Ward Marquez Donaire Wladamir Martinez are fairly nailed on top 10 P4P. So in conclusion I probably agree with Broner at 11-15 at the moment.
The problem is he only really has 1 big win and would you have rated DeMarco top 15 P4P before the Broner fight?

Don't forget outside of the top ten you have Froch with wins over Pascal, Taylor, Abraham, Johnson and Bute. Viloria has recently been on a win streak picking up 2 titles and beating some highly rated fighters. Gamboa although inactive has some good wins, Garcia with a knock out win over Khan. Orlando Salido could be top 15 with wins over Lopez who was highly rated at the time.
weegriffin is offline  Top