Old 11-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #123
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUDINI View Post
Quite simple great fighters don't have ko losses like Wlad has times 3. He can't take a punch, punishment. Nor does he exhibit all time great fighting skills. It's jab right hand, jab right hand all encased in that typical European straight up style. Can't block, can't slip, can't feint. Since he does not have great defensive skills you don't see counters off blocks or slips. Marciano was deceptively hard to hit. Walcott thought he would hit Rocky at will but once in the ring it was not to be the case. Marciano was cute in there...lots of weaving and rolling with shots and that crouch allowed punches to be ducked quite effectively. Marciano unlike the stiffs Wlad has faced would be weaving under that jab..he would not be the open target being imagined here. The shot to hit Wlad with is a right hand since he fights straight up with his chin out and left hand down. Rocky had one of the best right hands in boxing history.
Let me tell you I've been studying boxing since 1970 and this is the worst paragraph i've ever read by far.
LittleRed is offline  Top