Old 11-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #124
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUDINI View Post
Nor does he exhibit all time great fighting skills. It's jab right hand, jab right hand all encased in that typical European straight up style. Can't block, can't slip, can't feint. Since he does not have great defensive skills you don't see counters off blocks or slips.
So, what --- he has no defensive ability and no chin? Call me naive, but I think you'd need at least one of those to be ranked in the top10 for more than 12 years.

Reading the above post you'd think Wlad is worse than Tex Cobb, for ****'s sake. No feinting? Have you even watched a single Wlad fight? He constantly feints, which is why no one can get away from the jab and/or big right hand. He also blocks and slips, but you only need to do so much of that when you're tall and have good footwork.

At least explain this to me. If Klitschko has no defensive skills at all - just an open target - how come he rarely loses a round? You'll now probably say "his opponents aren't as great as the mighty Ledouxes, Evangelistas and ****ells of yesteryear!". Then explain to me why Joe Louis, Larry Holmes and Mike Tyson, who fought their share of lesser opponents, still found themselves losing more rounds? Despite them not being wide open like Wlad (), them having the ability to block, slip and feint, why aren't they as dominant in winning rounds?
ChrisPontius is offline  Top