View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #126
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Rocky's the greater fighter, but I can't think for the life of me how he shakes Wlad off on the inside. He'd need to be free to punch, and he'd be wrapped up with prejudice. There is no way I can be convinced that any 190 pound professional is stronger than a taller 240 pound one to the degree it takes to neutralize an effective clinch.

On the outside, all Rocky can do is crouch, feint, and roll. He'd still be getting hit with good jabs, though, and that would open right hands.

I think Rocky is tough enough to try, and try, and try, but eventually, Wlad gets the right hand he's looking for home, and the smaller heavyweight is blindsided either by a cut or swelling traded for his hard work.

I think Wlad stops him late with one or two big shots, but I can see a 15 round points decision. Rocky is the type of guy to take it, and never stop coming, and Wlad, while very powerful, very much likes that power to materialize in the form of one big, perfect shot, which Rocky would have the brains and the balls to deny him for a rather long period of time.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top