Old 11-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #132
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUDINI View Post
If you think Wlad is skilled in classic boxing then you need to get a better understanding of what great boxing skills are all about. Wlad does not exhibit great boxing skills..period. Walking statue with very questionable wiskers and very questionable courage. No fighter with a questionable chin and questionable courage can be called an all time great fighter. The guy was koed by the breeze from Purities punches...stagger all over the ring dropping in sections, looking for the exits type of knockdowns. Same with Brewster, same with Sanders....but no way Rocky Marciano beats Wlad? If these three zeros can do it why can't a world class all time great champion do the same?
They happened long enough ago that it seems the problems are fixed, and because the styles dont match up.

I have a terrific understanding of great boxing skills. I have some of them, and I've taught others the same skills. Picking fights doesn't ever come down to "just because". Just because one fighter can do it, doesn't mean another can. So, how? Inside? How does he free himself from the clinch? Outside? With counter punches? Is he tall enough to get a right hand over the jab? How does he avoid the worst of the sharpshooting? Rocky doesn't get a free pass in my analysis because Brewster was tough enough to wait Wlad out. He just went 12 rounds; We know that whatever stamina issue plaguing him in the Brewster fight is fixed. The Sanders fight? A lightning fast southpaw counter-puncher. So, Rocky's gonna hit him with a booming straight left hand as he's coming forward to jab?
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top