View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #17
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Dan Rafael? Opinionated journalist or bias moron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulver View Post
Most of Dan's marerial these days is rewritten press releases. I get most of the same releases so I know this, but much of the public doesn't and thinks Dan is going out and getting these quotes, etc. He never indicates it when he's using a press release.
A huge majority of writers do the same. I wouldn't credit the source if it was a press release. That's why they put them out and, if you're the chief commissioning writer (which he appears to be on ESPN), you don't have much time. I'd be surprised if it wasn't his sub crafting those pieces under his name.

Quote:
He's grown arrogant and lazy these days, which is why he steals the work of other writers and passes it off as his own. Believe me, he's got a lot of enemies in boxing writer land.
Give me an example and the source he stole from. I don't doubt he's unpopular, I think he's a wanker.

Quote:
I knew one guy, a trainer, who used to email back and forth with Dan, and one time the guy dared to disagree with him on something, and Dan quit talking to him, instantly. That's how thin-skinned he is.
Nothing unique to him being a prick.
dftaylor is offline  Top