View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #28
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000
Default Re: Dan Rafael? Opinionated journalist or bias moron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
The guy scored Ortiz/Berto for Berto. I don't think we need to go into how qualified he isn't or how biased he is.
I remember that. I know he had another terrible opinion around the same time but I can't remember what it was, though I can remember him making distasteful comments about Briggs when he was in the hospital after the Vitali fight. For as much as he seems to like boxing, I don't think he's the most knowledgeable and he's often classless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
His history speaks for itself. He's completely biased and often has no idea what the hell he is talking about or what happened within the fight he's just watched. To a shocking degree. However, boxing coverage is horrible amongst the major sports. How often do you see a news source getting weight classes and records wrong when reporting outcomes of major fights? I mean, something no one who can find boxrec should have a problem with and they're journalists. It's sad. The fact that Rafael is the main ESPN guy speaks volumes and says nothing particularly good.
I agree with this. Boxing journalism is terrible.
Jack is offline  Top