Old 11-19-2012, 05:22 AM   #38
Camaris
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Dislike for Ricky Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Just something i'm curious about, before I came to this site I would of thought Ricky would be super popular among the british posters but in actual fact it seems a lot of people really dislike him, not just as a fighter but have an actual personal dislike of the man.

Personally I like him a lot, as a fighter and a person, granted he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory since he retired (the Cocaine scandal etc) but I loved his aggressive style in the ring and I loved his "normal bloke down the pub" type personality, as in all honesty, that's just what I'm like

Now, i'm not looking to argue about Ricky with any of you, everyone's entitled to an opinion and i'm not particularly bothered if people like him or not, But I am curious as to the reasons.

So if you don't like Ricky, why?
I wouldn't say I don't like him, and I get the feeling that not many people actually dislike the fella... but... at times I think he has been guilty of claiming things are 'for the fans' or motivated by his great love for 'the fans' when they...well... have been for him and not the fans.

Such as moving a fight from easily accessible and cheaper Madison to LV one time. to say "thanks" to the fans was the rationale given. Thanks?! Stop ****ing thanking me!

For me at least it took the edge off my enthusiasm for him a bit. I just have a threshold for people jabbering on about their fanbase the whole time and suspect other people do as well. It just gets a bit tedious after a while.
Camaris is offline  Top