View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #48
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655
Default Re: Andrew Golota vs Wladimir Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
8-4 over Byrd seems REALLY generous. I had it a draw. Your scorecard for Ruiz seems about right, the KD's should have absolutely been the difference.

I'd agree with you the 1996 Golota has what he needs to beat them easily, but I'm not convinced he would. He was even more immature, and CRAZY.

He'd either get so pissed off at John Ruiz he'd thrash him, or get so dirty he'd foul out. Ruiz would was a subtle, dirty bastard.
I scored Golota-Byrd the same as Fightnews.com

There were some close ones in there that were a nightmare to score, and I admit I probably gave Golota the benefit of the doubt in some of those rounds where others may not have. But I don't think my score is far off the mark, especially when a pretty big on-line boxing publication scored it the same.

I think 1996 Golota would have bested Byrd and Ruiz easily. Neither had the raw power to strike fear into Golota, and Andrew was a great athlete in 1996 with deceptively fast hands and tremendous reflexes. I think Golota stops Ruiz in a round or 2, and beats Byrd similarly to what Wlad did in his first fight with Byrd. That is a 1996 Golota.

Golota-Ruiz was truly one of the dirtiest contests I had ever seen, where there is an example of just about every foul in the book. Terrible fight.

Golota-Byrd was quite entertaining, though. I was (and still am) extremely disappointed that one didn't result in an immediate rematch.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top