View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #54
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655
Default Re: Andrew Golota vs Wladimir Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
To be fair Tyson really damaged him and gave him serious injuries ... it was the smart thing to walk away from that fight ...
I don't know. Golota weathered the storm and survived Tyson's most dangerous moments. Tyson ALWAYS faded after 2 rounds or so at that point in his career. Golota was afraid stepping into the ring. The aura of 80s Tyson seemed fresh in his mind, not the Tyson who gassed out after a few rounds and resorted to throwing one shot at a time.

As big of a Golota fan as I am, I can't say that it was smart to walk away. I'm not saying with 100% certainty that you're wrong, but I'm not sure the extent of his injuries were as serious as they said. I think they were honestly trying to save face because of the way Golota bounced out of there.

If he wanted to quit, he should have just stayed down after that first knockdown.

I watched that fight for the first time in years a few months back, and I was actually quite surprised, because Golota did far better than I recalled in the first round (*at least until he was dropped). He was in panic mode all through the 2nd, though.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top