View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #23
kimonerz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1145
Default Re: What would Mayweather have done to Demarco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
His inside game is not better than Broners.

How do you figure?

Broner is almost impossible to hit clean on the inside. And Broner also fought a tall guy that can use a jab.

Has Mayweather ever fought a tall guy that could use a jab and uses his legs?

I suppose you could say Corrales, but Corrales doesn't box.

Broner has every punch in the book, and very good, clean, punching power.

Broner is also less risk averse than Mayweather. Mayweather wouldn't allow himself to get in that position in the first place.
the only thing i would give Broner over Mayweather is his size advantage when they were in the 130s to 135. Mayweather walked around probably 140s at that time. Broner walks around at 150s (as previously stated to Robert Guerrero)

Other than that Mayweather has better defense, overall better offensive strategy, speed, pop, agility, more perfected moves (leaping left hook, straight right hands that come from a mile away and they still hit you, Broner has left hooks and right hands but it isn't the same as Floyds. His hook and straight come more from his power and size), in other words i feel like mayweather was the complete package.

Broner walked demarco down because of his size and strength. Broner obviously has a lot of skills, some do match up to floyd, but Floyd has more in his aresenal.

Floyd would've picked demarco apart, running circles on him while Demarco gets his head popped back and while Mayweather rips him with leaping left hooks. I could see mayweather also doubling up the left hook from the head to the body catching him with a lot of shots.

TKO before 8 for mayweather.
kimonerz is offline  Top