View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #22
HOUDINI
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: George Foreman best bareknuckle fighter ever ?

Foreman did three things that pointed to his greatness as a fighter

Won the Olympic gold medal with only 20 amateur bouts.

Beat an undefeated hwt champion who was thought to be unbeatable. Frazier should be rated up there with Mariano but he is not....the reason is the utter destruction Foreman laid on his in 73 and again a few years later.

Rewon the true lineal title 20 years after losing it to Ali. One of the most remarkable feats in sports history.

It's silly to debate the mans power. As mentioned just listen to what everyone at that time said about the punching power of prime Foreman. He would slam a 300 pound heavy bag and shake the rafters of the roof. If you don't believe Frazier, Norton, Chuvalo...all men who actually fought Foreman or his sparring partners listen to great trainers like Damato who stated that anyone Foreman would hit he would ko.

Finally there is no reason to nuthug Ali ....he is rated right now as the greatest of all heavyweight champions...been that way since the late 70's. I was his worst critic back in the day and I am first to admit that I was wrong. He proved he was not just a fancy Dan boxing...he was as tough and determined to win as any past hwt chamion. It's that combination of attributes that make him the best ever.
HOUDINI is offline  Top