ah,sure
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2075
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post
Been talking to the bould Gez?

1. Michael will be more active over the next year, but I was under the impression that Team McCullagh werent going to take that fight.

2. Sheesh, more Buglioni fodder. I hope Ciaran is getting well paid.

3. Tommy was never retired, although those around him want him to. However, 10 an hour on the door in West Belfast being threatened by hoods, or 3k for a 4 round knock about with an English prospect. Tough ask to knock it on the napper!
Yeah chatting yesterday to Ger - Marty he trains fighters at the St John Bosco club associated these days with Michael Conlan, and many more down the years. Healy is only coming back now after his car crash, Ger said he sparred 20 rounds last week and is looking like he's back to his old self, but he's still on a hiding to nothing. Tommy seemingly was advised to retire, like you say, by some associates but decided he still had goals to achieve. Funny, his one dream is to win an Irish title and the man who holds it is the same one he brutally knocked out, JJ McDonagh. Be good to see a rematch for the title at some stage, though this time I'd back McDonagh.
ah,sure is online now  Top