View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Green Cameron Weigh in vid

cameron is a big boy. green has guts taking this fight. fiddlers like TC cry about it, but its only becuse they are jealous of a bloke with the guts they wish they had.

here are some facts about how thefight came about, and why it was only fair they fight at a simillar weight. remember cameron is a heavyweight.
Quote:

Having most recently competed as a heavyweight, Cameron described the new 89kg weight as a "Danny division", which prompted a heated reply from the Aussie most famous for knocking Roy Jones Jr cold.

"Why Shane's making out like he's the first guy in history to fight at a catchweight I have no idea," Green said. "Some of the world's best fights would never have taken place without a catchweight in place.

"People need to realise Floyd Mayweather has done it, Manny Pacquiao, Bernard Hopkins, Julio Caeser Chavez and Meldrick Taylor fought a welterweight title at catchweight in '94. It's been happening forever ... it's happening now.

"And why? Because Shane Cameron walks around at 100kg, I walk around at 86kg. So does he think I'm an idiot? Perhaps he'd be happier if I cut an arm off before the fight too - maybe that would make it fairer for him.

"He needs to know that when I wanted to fight Roy Jones Jr for the cruiserweight title they said it had to be at 81.5kg. And guess what? If you want an opportunity, you take it.

"Roy said I was too big and strong for him at the regular cruiserweight limit and so I sucked right down, then went out there and knocked him out.

"I agreed to it because I wanted it. So what's he whinging about?"

Green said Team Cameron first approached him more than two years ago, when he was still IBO cruiserweight champion. "First thing my management said was, 'Hang on, he's a heavyweight'," Green said.

"So we agreed to take the fight so long as it was 89kg. And they said no problem.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing-...-1226518510216
swingin is offline  Top