View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #12
supremo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Amateur Club set up ideas/ suggestions

I've trained in 4 different gyms over a prolonged period of time.
One was Mon, wed and fri 6.30pm-8pm, adults and kids trained together at same time. I didnt mind this when I was a kid but as an adult it annoted me having kids carrying on etc whilst I wanted to train.

Another was open every weekday 2pm-9-10pm and you dropped in and trained how you wished. The coah was always there to offer help and to run sparring sessions which were typically 6-8pm. The gym was closed to adults between 4-530pm every weekday for kids to train. This is the gym where Ricky Burns spent all his time as an amateur and right up until about 10 fights ago when he left to train with Billy Nelson.

Another I trained in was Mon, Wed, Fri 7-9pm for adults and kids at the same time again. It wasnt over ran with kids and different coaches concentrated on the kids, one on adults- worked ok and had British amatuer champions. Every aspet of our training was dictated by the coach

The gym I train in now is Mon, Wed, Fri 430-530pm kids, adults free to come in 530-8. Come in and do your own thing on bags etc, then coah takes sparring/pads then circuts afterwards. Open on Tue and Thu nights for fighters.
supremo is offline  Top