Old 11-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #16
S_o_F
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 520
Default Re: Prince Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
It's very harsh to bring up fights where he was 18 and 19 respectively and had very little experience, to try and compare it to how he will fare at the weight now.
Ok, I think he's a boxer that needs his size to be an advantage. He had success at Light Middle being the bigger man, boxing from the outside letting his opponent make mistakes and punishing them. Although he started slow against Webb, he caught him with a few good clean rights and then comprehensively out boxed him until the stoppage.

But then against Rose, some one who is quite big for a Light Middle, he looked very ordinary. He couldn't land his own jab nor get past Rose's. Although Rose is not a known puncher, he didn't really force the fight or take any risks.

Hopefully he would have improved during his haitus but I think there is a little too much competition in this division domestically for him, Saunders, Blackwell, Eubank Jr, Ryder, O'Kane, Hope and McEwan. Plus if you add the big guns Murray, Macklin and Barker. I don't see him jumping in and making too much of a splash.

Last edited by S_o_F; 11-21-2012 at 08:31 AM.
S_o_F is offline  Top
Sponsored Links