Old 11-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #63
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Broner vs Burns PUBLIC POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
NO chance Rocky martinez would get blasted away in a few rounds, that kid is a psycho who loves a war! Honestly mate, I was there that night Burns beat him, & the ****ing thuds you could hear echo around Kelvin hall every time he landed on Ricky, had me watching through my fingers! anyone who was there Im sure would agree with me, even Billy Nelson Im sure would vouch for the fact that Martinez power eyebrow raising. It took a massive effort for Burns to pull through that one, Martinez is hard as nails.
Only reason Martinez was stunned was by his own admission cos Burns was so awkward to fight, & kept landing shots on the back foot he never saw coming, the ones that hurt the most.

If Broner went toe-to-toe with Martinez IMO it would be a hard nights work for him. Broner is broad at lightweight though, so maybe that would come into play. Not much chance of it happening, but just thought I would add my tuppenceworth

Agreed, some of the hooks he hit Ricky with made me wince. The guy hits like a mule. Ricky has improved vastly since the Martinez fight IMO, both in defence and offence. He would stop or pitch a shut out against Rocky now IMO.

Burns vs Broner on 24/7. I reckon HBO would have to get the subtitles to translate Glesga slang for the yanks
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links