View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #168
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post

Correct.

That's fair enough, but it doesn't alter what I originally said.
Hmmm.... You said America was the home of boxing which you later defined as where the money was. I demnostrated that Kessler fighting for a silvertitle in Denmark made more than Ward fighting the lineal LHW champion and yet it doesn't alter what you said?

Quote:
I'm sure Eddie Hearn would have said the same had he had the opportunity
He never had the opportunity. He wasn't even there. You might think Mick Hennesey and he didn't say much.

Quote:
As soon as the fight was signed, the first thing I though was, can he make the weight comfortably? He and his team thought that he could do it with no problems. I believed them because the reports I read, stated that Chad hadn't even asked for a catchweight. Unless the articles I read were incorrect? Like I say from what I read, many saw it as a close fight.
Right after the Hopkins win while still intoxicated with the joy of his big win, Dawson made a mistake. He said he could fight Ward at 168.

Ward's promotor Goosen could hardly believe it. What a gift. Despite several attempts to change the weight to a catchweight and the location away from jOakland, Dawsons promotor Shaw caved in. After all his own fighter had said he could do it and we all know how good Goosen is negotiating. Shaw had no leverage and no chance.

Given that what would you expect Dawson's team to say? Would they say that they had serious trouble making weight and that Dawson spends more time in the sauna than in the gym? Of course not! Still you, and others, bought it.

The rest of us knew Dawson shedding 7 lbs of sheer muscle would be weak as hell.

Quote:
Hopefully we'll see it.

Regards, Loudon.
Yeah. Dawson has some serious rebuilding to do first though. That was a serious asswhoopin' surrounded by KTFO's.
BatTheMan is offline  Top