View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #170
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

[quote=BatTheMan;14247312]
Quote:
Hmmm.... You said America was the home of boxing which you later defined as where the money was. I demnostrated that Kessler fighting for a silvertitle in Denmark made more than Ward fighting the lineal LHW champion and yet it doesn't alter what you said?
I'm sure that you could find other examples too. I'm talking about overall.

Look at the top 10-20 fighters in the World across all of the divisions.

Go and have a look who their promoters are.

Go and have a look where they are based.

Go and have a look where they fight.

Go and look what network they fight on.

Of course they'll be a few exceptions, but the majority of the fighters will be based in America, fighting for Arum and Oscar, on HBO and Showtime etc.

Kessler can make big money back home. But he's not a big name outside of Europe. If Andre keeps progressing, I'm sure he'll be making as much as, or more than Kessler in the near future. He's only 28.

Quote:
He never had the opportunity. He wasn't even there. You might think Mick Hennesey and he didn't say much.
I know that. You've misunderstood me. I meant if Matchroom had've hosted the tournament, and the final was in England, they would have gone out of their way to try and get Carl hometown advantage. I'm sure Carl would have snatched it with both hands too.

Quote:
Right after the Hopkins win while still intoxicated with the joy of his big win, Dawson made a mistake. He said he could fight Ward at 168.
John Scully and everyone else must have thought so too, otherwise they wouldn't have signed.

Quote:
Ward's promotor Goosen could hardly believe it. What a gift. Despite several attempts to change the weight to a catchweight and the location away from jOakland, Dawsons promotor Shaw caved in. After all his own fighter had said he could do it and we all know how good Goosen is negotiating. Shaw had no leverage and no chance.
I'm sure if Shaw had've known the trouble that Chad would have had to endure, he wouldn't have gone for it. Shaw's not an idiot.

Quote:
Given that what would you expect Dawson's team to say? Would they say that they had serious trouble making weight and that Dawson spends more time in the sauna than in the gym? Of course not! Still you, and others, bought it.
They wouldn't have known that when the fight was first signed.

Quote:
The rest of us knew Dawson shedding 7 lbs of sheer muscle would be weak as hell.
Nobody could know for certain. Losing weight affects some fighters more than others.

Quote:
Yeah. Dawson has some serious rebuilding to do first though. That was a serious asswhoopin' surrounded by KTFO's.
I'm confident Andre will move up soon, and I think they will rematch. Might be in 2 years though.

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top