Old 11-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #55
Curtis Lowe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sean O' Grady Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by D9Garrard View Post
I'm with you, Pepe', on some of Papa O' Grady's mistakes, but I wonder if overall he didn't do a better job with his son that he gets credit for. Sean got plenty of TV fights against "safe" opponents where he likely got paid pretty well and really didn't take much punishment during his career. I'm not sure he would've come out any richer or healthier if he'd have been thrown in with Arguello or Mancini or that he would've ended up being thought of any more highly afterwards. He also parlayed his career into a long stint on USA as a commentator that I'm sure others would have killed for. Do you think. Senor', that O'Grady had much more in the tank than we saw?
Papa O'Grady overall did a really good job managing his career. Sean won a world title, had plenty of TV exposure, which helped with him having a commentator career.

Then on top of that, Sean stated in the 80's his dad had invested wisely and that he was set for life financially. Apparently Papa O seet up some type of Trust for Sean.
Curtis Lowe is offline  Top