View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #174
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
I know that. You've misunderstood me. I meant if Matchroom had've hosted the tournament, and the final was in England, they would have gone out of their way to try and get Carl hometown advantage. I'm sure Carl would have snatched it with both hands too.
For starters, matchroom wasn't involved with froch when the tournie was realised. It was fat Mick Hennessey who basically couldn't promote for shit.
I disagree that they would have gone all out to get hometown advantage, at the end of the day, it is supposed to be a fair competition, the idea was a world boxing classic that all fighters travelled to compete. Making a Name for themselves around the world.

No way would froch have took the home advantage, the dude is cut from different cloth and had already travelled as a champion to fight taylor for no money whatsoever. As a champion he would have been rightly slagged off for doing so too. I doubt Kessler would have took home advantage either.

Alls i hear is ward fans winging about froch and kessler fans for having the audacity to call ward out for his at home pampering. Now if ward had of done what all the others did and then went on to take butes title there would be none of this. Positive champions deserve all that they get and unfortunately for ward he has created an air of negativity around himself and just isn't that exciting.
dendy is offline  Top