View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: HOLYFIELD vs BOWE 1 (Forgotten Classic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
In regards to you comment, Tyson was a far better fighter pre-prison, although he was still coming apart a bit and resorting to single shots at times. I would still pick Tyson at this point over Holyfield.
I have a bust up with Ambrose Mendy, Benns manager at the time over a possible Holyfield/Tyson fight, he like everyone else just poo-parred the idea with a wave of a hand stating that Evander was to small ect ect. My reposter back then was always that Evander will box Tyson his head off, but on reflection that Holyfield just loved a tear up & now i'am a firm believer that would have been fatel back in 91 especially when you see that uppercut that Bowe landed all night, Tyson would have levelled him, but back in 90/91 i was one of the very vocal minority that was convinced Evander had the tools to handle Mike with ease.

Saying all that i lost plenty of fellow commuters a whole pile of when i raored at them to stick the house on Evander to KO Bowe, never had the balls to show me mug again on that train, in future i got the slower one 10 minutes later out of Waterloo
duranimal is offline  Top