View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 05:43 AM   #82
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: What would all of the bull*****ers hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo View Post
Of course Burns would make more money fighting at home in the UK there is No denying that as when most fighters fight in the home country they pocket shit loads more to say being a Undercard fight on a HBO event in Las Vegas we all know this is true.

So I cant fault these days fighters choosing to stay and make more money every now and then.

I had this argument with Geale and Golovkin fight to be.

I was saying that Geale made $250K fighting Sturm in Germany but when he signed to fight Mundine he is guarenteed $2 million Australian due to the Home event and Live Gate.

Thats a massive difference and I bet the same would I apply to Burns.
If he fought on the undercard in Vegas against Broner he may get $500k in Vegas.
But im sure he earns over a $1 million pound each time he fights at home that is a massive difference in Money.

It probably the main reason Ward chooses to fight in Oakland he makes a heap more money.
That's a very good point mate.The only thing I'd say is that the numbers are a bit generous.Obviously this is only gym gossip but I heard Ricky made around 400k from Mitchell,which is his biggest purse to date,and FW would think about going to the States if there was a million on offer.
As I said though,only hearsay but you make a very valid point.People forget that managers and promoters don't want to lose the Golden Goose.
PityTheFool is offline  Top