It’s not quite as black and white, unfortunately. The below need to be factored in:
- Broner is the bigger name.
- Broner is the better fighter.
- Broner has the greater potential for being a superstar of the sport.
- Broner’s desired location will likely be the 'home' of big-money fights (Las Vegas), whereas Burns’ will be what, Scotland? No points for guessing where the most money would be generated.
- Broner’s riding on a lucrative HBO contract, whereas Burns is with a TV network (BoxNation) that’s rumoured to be struggling. Again, no points for guessing which you’d want being the main broadcaster.
With all of the above taken into consideration, Burns has more of a reason to go over to the US than Broner does in having to come here. It’s a no-brainer, really. And shouldn’t even be up for discussion. Burns has to go over there. As ****ty as it may be and sound, America is where it’s at – especially in those lower weights.