Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
Itís not quite as black and white, unfortunately. The below need to be factored in:
- Broner is the bigger name.
- Broner is the better fighter.
- Broner has the greater potential for being a superstar of the sport.
- Bronerís desired location will likely be the 'home' of big-money fights (Las Vegas), whereas Burnsí will be what, Scotland? No points for guessing where the most money would be generated.
- Bronerís riding on a lucrative HBO contract, whereas Burns is with a TV network (BoxNation) thatís rumoured to be struggling. Again, no points for guessing which youíd want being the main broadcaster.
With all of the above taken into consideration, Burns has more of a reason to go over to the US than Broner does in having to come here. Itís a no-brainer, really. And shouldnít even be up for discussion. Burns has to go over there. As shitty as it may be and sound, America is where itís at Ė especially in those lower weights.
That's not the point I'm making Rico,we all know Vegas is where it's at and want Ricky to go over.My point is that there's been an onslaught of hate for Burns since Saturday and it's a double standard to say it's OK for Broner to say it but Ricky would be accused of ducking had he said it.
You know that it's true and I'd be shocked if you think that's ok.