View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #217
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

[quote=moneypaysbills;14251047]
Quote:
Alright Loudon,

Some great posting going on nice work. I have to agree with you especially on your last point regarding Ward going up to 175.
Hi pal, nice to hear from you.

Bat makes some good points, and I respect his opinion, but Like you I think 175 presents a bigger challenge now. I think Andre will stay at 168 just a little longer and see what happens with Froch/Bute/kessler. I'm hoping that Mayweather can kick start Andre Dirrell's carrer. If you could get Dirrell fit, with a strong mindset, he's a nighmare for anyone, including Ward. He's fast, slick, he's a southpaw, and he's a great fighter. But he's lacking mentally, and obviously he's been inactive.

But I think Andre will move to 175 within the next 18 months.

Quote:
TheBATMAN is wrong 168 is not blossoming apart from the emergence of Groves, with Ward fighting relics from a previous era. He'd be better going up to 175 because it is a different game. He'll be fighter bigger guys who might come in at fight night at 185lbs.
I agree. I think it's blossomed, and Andre has come out on top. Yes he could unify, but I think it depends what happens in the next 6 months. There's no huge names at 175, but there's good fights to be made. A rematch with Chad at 175 would be good. Like you say, he'd have to alter his tactics slightly at 175.

Quote:
I still believe the Dawson fight was a joke even if Chad agreed to it because he was a drained zombie at 168.
That's fair enough, and Bat agrees. I guess I was taken in. But my thinking was, if nobody thought Chad had a chance of making weight safely, and they thought there was a high percentage of him being hurt etc, then surely they wouldn't have signed? That was my interpretation.

Quote:
At 175 Ward can fight the real Dawson, cleverly and Hopkins all of whom would pose a much greater threat than Pavlik a fighter who as you know I've never rated. Due to age I'd pick Ward over BHop but Cleverly's work rate and Dawson's ability at a comfortable weight would be a great challenge for Ward and will help him cement his legacy.
I'll be honest with you, I think he'll miss Hopkins. I think Hop wants one more fight before he calls it a day. I hope I'm wrong, but if this was 2010, I think we'd already have heard from Hop regarding a potential fight with Andre. I don't think he's got long left. I can't see Andre up at 175 until late next year at the earliest. I think Hop will be gone by then. Unless he looks good earlier next year and they can have a catchweight if Hop's interested. But does he believe he could beat Andre? He's not normally this quiet.

Also, Hop hasn't looked that great in his last few fights, and Andre wouldn't get much credit. I like Clev, and that would be a good fight. Dawson with a few wins under his belt, and his confidence back could pose a big threat at 175.

Quote:
If he challenges for Cleverly's title it would have to be in the UK if he didn't hold a belt but if he won Dawson's belt first then the fight should be in Vegas or Atlantic city. So to conclude I think there's not much left for Ward at 168 and if he wants to enter the HOF or be an ATG he needs to get up to 175 and even if it's a weaker 175 era than times past he'd still get recognition from many including me for stepping up to an uncomfortable weightclass and challenging the best
I agree. There's potentially some good fights, with a clash of styles at 175. Apparently he has to fight the winner of Kessler and Magee, so we'll see what happens. I thought he'd have a lay off after the Super Six and then moved to 175. But he's been injured, and now I think he's just thinking things through.

There are some good fights out there for him. I understand that 175 isn't littered with star names, but what more can he do at 168? Is he bothered about unifying the division against a guy he's easily beaten? I think he will regret not fighting Bute. But at the time, I don't blame him for not taking the fight. Maybe some of the other 168 guys could move up to 175? It's going to be interesting.

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top