View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #231
TI99/4A

vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
So you expect people to buy into your bullshit conspiracy theory???
No, not really. "People" buy any piece of shit product with a marketing campaign. "People" go to see autotuned puppets "perform" "their" "music" "live". "People" vote against their own interests at the drop of a hat. "People" are, in the main, idiots. I don't have any expectations about "people".

Quote:
And if Kessler wasnt considered much as you're trying your best to pass off, why was the favorite going into the tournament??? You're trying your best now to rewrite history...
Did I mention all that stuff about "people" yet? Kessler was the favourite because that's what the media led people to believe, and they dutifully did.

Quote:
Kessler was seen as a good fighter with the mechanics to win this tournament...Its easy to sit here now and say that Kessler was no good.
Yes, it is easy. I'm not even saying he's not a good boxer, just that he is more limited than people made out. I think he was suckered into taking part in this whole Super 6 farce anyway, and badly served by his management, so I don't have specific criticisms about Kessler.

Quote:
You're seriously sounding like a butthurt loser trying to pass of your conspiracy theory as if it actually happened.
I'm not "butthurt" because Ward won - I would have been disappointed if he hadn't, given the advantages he had going in. I just thought the whole Super 6 thing was a stage-managed TV show from the start. I had/have no fan loyalty to any individual boxer who took part. I'm also not "trying to pass off" anything, I'm just calling it how I saw it at the time.

Quote:
Ward won the tournament on skills and grit, not by the help of the guys that set the stage for the S6.
Ward still had to go out and do the job, sure. Congratulations to him for that. But the "help of the guys that set the stage for the S6" ...that probably didn't hurt his chances any.

Quote:
Be for real!
I think I'm being the realest poster here. I don't buy the hype. I'm sad about that, I really am. I wish I could also enjoy chart music and believe politicians - life would be a lot simpler. Unfortunately, it isn't simpler, I don't enjoy or believe those things, and don't buy into Showtime's boxing version of the Fox News reality bubble. Sorry.
TI99/4A is offline  Top