View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #232
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof View Post
First of all relax dude, you weren't attacked. This is an internet forum for crying out loud, it's not that serious!

Secondly, and once again, why the criticism of Ward for not traveling when two of boxings biggest stars of the last 20 years or so (DLH/Mayweather) never traveled outside the USA? Now from where I sit the majority of the whining is coming from butthurt Euro's/Froch/Kessler fans and appears to nothing more than sour grapes and bitter tears! Ward beat the three Euro's convincingly!!!! Now it's Ward needs to travel and re-match two of those guys. For what? To validate the original results? Is it because Froch said he had an "off night", which we as fans have NEVER heard from a losing fighter before right? This is crazy, it's like some kid you beat up in your backyard then a week later he's running off at the mouth demanding you fight him again in his backyard.

These re-matches serve NO PURPOSE at all, even if they are "earned" as you say. JMM-Pac for example, all those fights made sense because of the outcomes. A Pac-Bradley re-match makes sense. The Kessler and Froch fights don't to me, neither would Cotto- Mayweather 2 or Pac-Hatton 2. Like I said before, Cotto has a HUGE fanbase, however I don't see them butthurt and up in arms wanting Floyd to go to PR to fight him and criticizing him because he probably wouldn't. The same with Hatton fans. Was there an outcry for Pac to come to the UK? No, because nobody wants to see those fights again.

Finally, just because I'm convinced Ward would beat both those guys anywhere, anytime, doesn't mean he should do so just to satisfy so called critics. Is that where we are at in the sport? Fighter A beats fighter B handily in fighter A's country, then Fighter B and his legion of butthurt fans want Fighter A to come to the country of Fighter B because they are all so positive that the venue was the reason for the original outcome. Or does this only apply to Ward for some ridiculous reason, because the last time I checked he isn't the only American fighter to not travel. Besides, he's 28 and has said he'd like to fight in the UK, so let's see what happens. However, where does it end? Let's say Ward beats Froch in Nottingham or Kessler in Denmark, either will probably make another excuse as to why he lost, so then should there be a third fight, a fourth? Maybe in a "neutral" country somewhere like Bolivia? I'm not up in arms at the notion of a re-match with either guy, I just ask for what? I'm sure Pac would flatten Hatton a second time, it doesn't mean he should go to the UK to do it. As far as re-matches go if anyone deserves one, like him or not it's Andre Dirrell. Even with that, I didn't see any Froch needs to come to Flint, Michigan to fight Dirrell again threads from butthurt Yanks!

Great post!
Loudon is offline  Top