View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Good article that pretty much sums up Danny Green...Not our best...But he has "HE

Quote:
Green has made a career out of being the quintessential Aussie bloke and whenever I think of him fighting I always picture a man in a slouch hat racing across a beach under shell fire never quite sure if he'll make it or not, but willing to give it his all trying.
you actually CAN picture that.

i actually CAN picture kkkel as well....as the fat, bloated small town western businessman in pin stripe suite, sitting uncomfotably on a horse and screaming orders at his lackeys. sort of 'boss hogish..'....
Quote:
It's not the win/loss ledger that made Green one of Australia's most popular fighters, but the sort of grit I first saw in the foyer of the Dorint Hotel at Bad Neuenahr, Germany the morning after he had been disqualified for headbutting in a fight he was easily winning against Beyer.

Green had been up all night trying to drown his sorrows with tears and beers and with his red eyes swollen from lack of sleep and sustained weeping, he had the very real fear that his $45,000 purse might be the biggest cheque his young family would ever see.

He promised that morning to fight back. And he never stopped battling.

Even when he had more than enough money to never fight again, he was still struggling to find his feet against Wlodarczyk last year though most of his senses had been crushed.

Everything, that is, except his fighting heart.
well said...he obviously doesnt post here....
swingin is offline  Top