View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #16
Hyland
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hector Camacho dies at 50. RIP What a credit to the sport of boxing he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
It's still hard to comprehend that this has happended, he was one of my all time favorites, yer could'nt help but admire him, great charecter, great boxer, not everyone's cup of tea. But without doubt one of the best technicians i've seen. I'll never forget him at the Chavez/Taylor 1 fight at the Hilton, what a wind up merchant! He did'nt give a flying ****! Wound all the Mex's up real bad Stomping around with that great MACHO MAN Gold signboard 2 ton necklace, after ALI, Hector led the way for over the top self publicity & hype & the rest followed, "Thats right BABY! IT'S MACHO TIME"
Great post my brother.

Camacho was healthy for boxing, unfortunately his life in the street wasn't healthy for him. It hurts me personally because I knew he could of been better if he was less distracted by his inner demons. Dude had amazing footwork, agility, quickness, handspeed, and can put on a show before his matches and after.

May he rest in peace, dude gave me a lot of great memories and everytime I showbox I'll move as swiftly and quickly as Macho did.

Macho Man!
Hyland is offline  Top
Sponsored Links