View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #27
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Good article that pretty much sums up Danny Green...Not our best...But he has "HE

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
green doesnt or rarely fights tomato cans, doesnt mouth off, like; "im gunna be boxings bradman, dribble, dribble, dribble." mundine STARTED his career fighting real opponents, even opponents that had much more experience. he pulled many of em out of retirement to do it, but we forgave him because he had little ring time and had few ams experience. but he never stopped dribbling shit. the hate had already strated with some, because of his mouth. i actually still supported him right up to kessler. the dislike of mundine has little to do with jealousy. its his whole package that people dislike.

green fought his way up. he fought few tomato cans. the briggs incident was unfortunate but i believe his heart was in the right place. make your own mind upon that. i actually think there is more racism, or imagined racism where green is concerned. many percieve green fans as rednecks because they are white fellas. the jealously toward green could come from those that see his redneck fans as some sort of proof he is getting an easier ride, hence more money because he is white. i dont believe there is anything in that......but; you can see green in a slouch hat on a horse charging the turkish guns.....but its hard to conjour that vision of mundine.

importantly, there IS some much passion between fans of both green AND mundine themselves, it is quite possible it may be the superfight to end both their careers. that is how closely they have been tied to eachother in this era. so insepperadle and contrasting, that they may end their era and careers in the same ring.
..hard to dissagree with that..
..but i think when it comes to Mundine..everyone close to him knows he's a good bloke..but when it comes to the public's perception of him..well he made his bed..and his millions..when he decided to copy the Ali promotional blueprint..make all the outlandish statements and get everybody payin' to see his arse get knocked out..that is something he and his fans have got to wear..
darkhorse is offline  Top