View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 04:28 AM   #17
RichC
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why dont snappy punches make for superior body shots like they do head shots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF View Post
They ARE more powerful thats a fact. Due to their speed.

A strong heavy handed punch is more forceful as in it has more total force but as its being applied more slowly, it is less powerful!

However you can still apply heavy force AFTER a snappy punch has made contact if you CHOOSE to drive it in deep with a long contact time. So thats why I suspect snappy punches may make better body shots as well but maybe not.

You have no freaking idea the answer to my question do you lol!?
Before we start claiming ideas as fact we need some evidence. I'm aware of the theory as to why some consider "snapping" punches to be more powerful, however there are many factors to consider and in my experience they aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF View Post
Are trying to troll me/ hijack my thread as usual lol

OK NP, ITS SIMPLY A PUNCH THAT TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THE STRETCH REFLEX OF THE MIDSECTION.

A thudding strong punch means you rotate one side of your body all at once, no sequence of body parts moving.
This explains why your question doesn't seem to make any sense. You have a different understanding of what each type actually is.

I view snapping punches as markie poop as posted i.e. minimal contact time / not driving through the target. Hence, it seems obvious why snapping punches to the body would be less effective than driving into the target.
RichC is offline  Top