View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:03 AM   #30
Toontoon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 117
Default Re: Hatton's Career v Froch's Career who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruthead View Post
People underrate Ricky's challenge of Floyd. At the end of the day Ricky was a 140lb fighter fighting a 147lb fighter.

When Haye was losing to Wlad he was happy to go the distance and lose. When Ricky was losing to Floyd he went all-out for the KO and got knocked-out. Ricky could have gone the distance if he'd taken a step back but he doesn't do that. That's why the fans love him.

I would have to say that Froch has 0% chance of beating Ward. In his prime Ricky had perhaps a 10% chance of beating Floyd.

That's why I have Ricky over Froch.
Mayweather was a 140lb fighter fighting at 147lb too to be fair so it wasn't as if Hatton was stepping up and fighting the much bigger man, if anything he was fighting a smaller one.

I'd both give them the same chance of beating Ward and Mayweather, a punchers one as neither are skilled enough to systematically break them down or walk away with a points decision.

I vote Froch btw, not only does he have a better resume since hitting World level but he was the first man to hand legitimate defeats to Bute, Abraham, Pascal and Dirrell.

Hatton ruled a poor division mainly because the stand out opponents in there in Mayweather and Cotto moved up to 147, however the Tszyu win is better than anything Forch has.
Toontoon is offline  Top