View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #141
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Old school training routines seem to be the simplest and most effective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Here lies the problem. He has no argument.

He's said strength and conditioning coaches aren't needed then gone on to say they can be an asset.

He's trolling or retarded.
For all my Yapper fan's, here is when S&C is an asset, for an old guy who needs the edge he lost with his youth and when it's not when you have a beginner, who any average coach can get the fighter ready for an amateur fight or a four rdr. I do this not for you yappers, but cos there may be someone out trying to find his way. Here 'tis

Alex Ariza on JMM's conditioning
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
"Memo is brilliant — I don't have any suspicions,'' Ariza told USA TODAY Sports. "When you get someone like that who knows the science of exercise and nutrition . . . well, we saw a whole different fighter when he fought Manny last time.
"It's not because (trainer) Nacho Beristain is teaching (Marquez) something new. It is because Memo now has Marquez's confidence. He has done things to his body. He has taken a good fighter at 39 and completely evolved him. Now I've got a guy (Hernandez) teaching the science as well — we're on an even plane. That's my fear.''

Finally someone giving credit where it's due. Hernandez has Marquez using training methods that he never has before. He's gone from throwing rocks and drinking his piss to modern scientific training methods and nutrition. Maybe, just maybe, that has something to do with his slight increase in bulk. He's done a lot of weight training for this fight. Many here seem to forget Hernandez was and is an excellent strenght and conditioning coach who's worked with Olympic athletes before the PED mess he got himself into. He's had the training, he has the knowledge. A man's previous actions don't define how he conducts himself presently.
Ariza is a man who's inside the sport, who actually knows what he's talking about. As opposed the myriad of dumb ****s we have here talking shit about things they have no clue on. Shit is tiring. Remember, Ariza is the man who ripped Bob Arum to shreds in many articles, on twitter. He's never been afraid to say what he thinks. He doesn't think JMM is juicing. That should be enough for anyone here.

This is from another thread, so my favorite yappers, get to yappin'

and now something for the feebleminded yappers, cartoon time.

dempsey1234 is offline  Top