I've tried eating the same stuff and it gets old pretty quick so I sorta rotate stuff to keep things from going stale. I usually pick at least one or more from each category.
On the rotation:
1) Spinach, Kale, Collards, Chards, Lettuce, Cabbage, etc.
2) Carrots, potatoes, parsnips, yams, etc.
3) Bell peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, squash, cucumber, celery, etc.
4) Onions, garlic, ginger, and a bunch of various herbs and condiments.
5) Rice and other grains. Brown, white, basmati, wild, etc.
6) Beans/peas/lentils. Black, garbanzo, pinto, red, etc.
10) Banana, apple, pears, oranges, etc.
11) Milk, yogurt, cream, cheese, etc.
12) Chicken, turkey, fish, beef, pork, etc.
I like to also cook one big thing of stew or soup and just eat off the freezer the rest of the week. Saves me alot of time.